Saudi beheaded for tribal killing
Riyadh: Saudi authorities beheaded a citizen in the western province of Taif today after he was convicted of shooting dead another man, the interior ministry announced.
Saad bin Shbat al-Subaie was executed for shooting dead fellow tribesman Mughnem bin Mohammed al-Subaie, the ministry said in a statement published by the official SPA news agency.
His execution brings to 69 the number of people executed in Saudi Arabia so far this year, according to an AFP count.
In 2012, the conservative Muslim kingdom carried out 76 executions, according to a tally based on official figures. Human Rights Watch has put the number at 69.
Rape, murder, apostasy, armed robbery and drug trafficking are all punishable by death under the oil-rich Gulf state`s strict version of sharia, or Islamic law.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation