Sayantan retains school chess title
Kolkata: Sayantan Das of Scottish Church Collegiate School was held by Vignesh Nr of Maharishi Vidya Mandir, Tamil Nadu, but that was not enought to prevent him from winning the 22nd the Telegraph Schools Chess Championship at Gorky Sadan on Sunday.
The former world under-12 champion and the defending champion took a quick draw to finish with 10 points and retain the title.
Vignesh bagged the fifth spot.
Prasannaa S of Velammal HS School, Tamil Nadu, grabbed the second position with a clinical victory over his statemate Visakh Nr of Maharishi Vidya Mandir.
Saurabh Mandal of Shivlal High School, who was unbeaten so far, found his nemesis in reigning national u-13 champion Diptayan Ghosh of South Point School.
Chandrashish Majumdar of St Xavier?s Collegiate School got the fourth spot with an easy victory over Sraman Bhowmick of Scottish Church Collegiate School.
The Best School Trophy went to South Point School and the second best School trophy was bagged by Vivekananda Mission School.
The Top 10
1: Sayantan Das (10 points); 2. Prasannaa S (9.5); 3. Diptayan
Ghosh (9.5); 4. Chandrashish Majumdar (9); 5. Vignesh Nr (9);
6. Aubhropratim Manna (9); 7: Nishant Malhotra (9); 8: Aditya
Chowdhury (9); 9: Prince Bajaj (8.5); 10: Saurabh Mandal
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman