Sayantan retains school chess title
Kolkata: Sayantan Das of Scottish Church Collegiate School was held by Vignesh Nr of Maharishi Vidya Mandir, Tamil Nadu, but that was not enought to prevent him from winning the 22nd the Telegraph Schools Chess Championship at Gorky Sadan on Sunday.
The former world under-12 champion and the defending champion took a quick draw to finish with 10 points and retain the title.
Vignesh bagged the fifth spot.
Prasannaa S of Velammal HS School, Tamil Nadu, grabbed the second position with a clinical victory over his statemate Visakh Nr of Maharishi Vidya Mandir.
Saurabh Mandal of Shivlal High School, who was unbeaten so far, found his nemesis in reigning national u-13 champion Diptayan Ghosh of South Point School.
Chandrashish Majumdar of St Xavier?s Collegiate School got the fourth spot with an easy victory over Sraman Bhowmick of Scottish Church Collegiate School.
The Best School Trophy went to South Point School and the second best School trophy was bagged by Vivekananda Mission School.
The Top 10
1: Sayantan Das (10 points); 2. Prasannaa S (9.5); 3. Diptayan
Ghosh (9.5); 4. Chandrashish Majumdar (9); 5. Vignesh Nr (9);
6. Aubhropratim Manna (9); 7: Nishant Malhotra (9); 8: Aditya
Chowdhury (9); 9: Prince Bajaj (8.5); 10: Saurabh Mandal
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow