Sayantan retains school chess title
Kolkata: Sayantan Das of Scottish Church Collegiate School was held by Vignesh Nr of Maharishi Vidya Mandir, Tamil Nadu, but that was not enought to prevent him from winning the 22nd the Telegraph Schools Chess Championship at Gorky Sadan on Sunday.
The former world under-12 champion and the defending champion took a quick draw to finish with 10 points and retain the title.
Vignesh bagged the fifth spot.
Prasannaa S of Velammal HS School, Tamil Nadu, grabbed the second position with a clinical victory over his statemate Visakh Nr of Maharishi Vidya Mandir.
Saurabh Mandal of Shivlal High School, who was unbeaten so far, found his nemesis in reigning national u-13 champion Diptayan Ghosh of South Point School.
Chandrashish Majumdar of St Xavier?s Collegiate School got the fourth spot with an easy victory over Sraman Bhowmick of Scottish Church Collegiate School.
The Best School Trophy went to South Point School and the second best School trophy was bagged by Vivekananda Mission School.
The Top 10
1: Sayantan Das (10 points); 2. Prasannaa S (9.5); 3. Diptayan
Ghosh (9.5); 4. Chandrashish Majumdar (9); 5. Vignesh Nr (9);
6. Aubhropratim Manna (9); 7: Nishant Malhotra (9); 8: Aditya
Chowdhury (9); 9: Prince Bajaj (8.5); 10: Saurabh Mandal
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30