Sayantan retains school chess title
Kolkata: Sayantan Das of Scottish Church Collegiate School was held by Vignesh Nr of Maharishi Vidya Mandir, Tamil Nadu, but that was not enought to prevent him from winning the 22nd the Telegraph Schools Chess Championship at Gorky Sadan on Sunday.
The former world under-12 champion and the defending champion took a quick draw to finish with 10 points and retain the title.
Vignesh bagged the fifth spot.
Prasannaa S of Velammal HS School, Tamil Nadu, grabbed the second position with a clinical victory over his statemate Visakh Nr of Maharishi Vidya Mandir.
Saurabh Mandal of Shivlal High School, who was unbeaten so far, found his nemesis in reigning national u-13 champion Diptayan Ghosh of South Point School.
Chandrashish Majumdar of St Xavier?s Collegiate School got the fourth spot with an easy victory over Sraman Bhowmick of Scottish Church Collegiate School.
The Best School Trophy went to South Point School and the second best School trophy was bagged by Vivekananda Mission School.
The Top 10
1: Sayantan Das (10 points); 2. Prasannaa S (9.5); 3. Diptayan
Ghosh (9.5); 4. Chandrashish Majumdar (9); 5. Vignesh Nr (9);
6. Aubhropratim Manna (9); 7: Nishant Malhotra (9); 8: Aditya
Chowdhury (9); 9: Prince Bajaj (8.5); 10: Saurabh Mandal
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?