SBI plans 1.5 lakh POS terminals next fiscal
New Delhi: In a bid to expand its fee-based
income, country`s largest lender State Bank of India is
planning to place about 1.50 lakh point of sale (POS)
terminals for debit and credit card payments across the
country in the next fiscal.
"The present EOI (expressions of interest) is for the
purchase of around 1.35-1.50 lacs POS terminals across the
country during the first year of operations or 2010-11 and
also for the managed services during the warranty period or
the first year of deployment," SBI said in its Request For
The last date for submission of bids is January 25, it
said, adding, it plans to deploy six lakh POS terminals in the
first five years of its operations.
Last year, the bank had floated RFP for selection of
Joint Venture (JV) partner for merchant acquiring business and
the selection process is at an advanced stage.
The merchant acquiring business would be carried out
through a wholly-owned subsidiary, which would include
acquiring bank identification numbers (BINs) from the schemes,
as well managing services for PoS terminals among others.
The managed services would include deployment of POS
terminals at customer location, their replacement, merchant
training and maintenance among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says