SBI won`t raise lending rates: Chairman
Mumbai: State Bank of India won`t raise its lending rates despite a hike in key policy rates by the central bank, its chairman said Saturday.
OP Bhatt, speaking at the sidelines of an event, said the bank will wait for the Reserve Bank of India`s policy meeting April 20 before making a decision on rates.
In an unscheduled move late Friday, the RBI raised its key borrowing and lending rates by 25 basis points in a bid to curb inflationary expectations in the economy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!