SBI’s ‘crorepati-only’ branch in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: After wooing the urban poor here with its `One Rupee Bank` account, State Bank of India (SBI) is now aggressively targeting the crorepatis.
The government lender has inaugurated first of its kind branch for High Networth Individuals (HNI) where it takes minimum Rs 1 crore to open an account, and that too on invitation only.
“Kohinoor Banjara Premium Banking Centre` (named after the famed Kohinoor diamond that was discovered here), spread over 4,000 sq ft, offers specialised banking facilities like relationship managers, 24/7 lockers, extended banking hours, doorstep pick-up and drop facilities, in addition to pampering customers five-star amenities at the branch.
"We have opened as many as 50 accounts so far. We are confident of opening another 150 by the end of the current fiscal," Shiva Kumar, Chief General Manager, SBI, told a news agency.
According to bank officials, an attractive feature of the branch is lockers. "They are open 24 hours. People can come anytime and take or keep their jewellery and other valuable items. We have special dressing rooms for customers.
“These will be useful for late night function goers as they would not have to take the valuables home," they said.
Inaugurating the branch yesterday, Diwakar Gupta, Deputy Managing Director, SBI, said while the bank has over 150 branches catering to HNIs, this centre is based on a different concept.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside