SBI’s ‘crorepati-only’ branch in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: After wooing the urban poor here with its `One Rupee Bank` account, State Bank of India (SBI) is now aggressively targeting the crorepatis.
The government lender has inaugurated first of its kind branch for High Networth Individuals (HNI) where it takes minimum Rs 1 crore to open an account, and that too on invitation only.
“Kohinoor Banjara Premium Banking Centre` (named after the famed Kohinoor diamond that was discovered here), spread over 4,000 sq ft, offers specialised banking facilities like relationship managers, 24/7 lockers, extended banking hours, doorstep pick-up and drop facilities, in addition to pampering customers five-star amenities at the branch.
"We have opened as many as 50 accounts so far. We are confident of opening another 150 by the end of the current fiscal," Shiva Kumar, Chief General Manager, SBI, told a news agency.
According to bank officials, an attractive feature of the branch is lockers. "They are open 24 hours. People can come anytime and take or keep their jewellery and other valuable items. We have special dressing rooms for customers.
“These will be useful for late night function goers as they would not have to take the valuables home," they said.
Inaugurating the branch yesterday, Diwakar Gupta, Deputy Managing Director, SBI, said while the bank has over 150 branches catering to HNIs, this centre is based on a different concept.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan