SBI’s ‘crorepati-only’ branch in Hyderabad
Hyderabad: After wooing the urban poor here with its `One Rupee Bank` account, State Bank of India (SBI) is now aggressively targeting the crorepatis.
The government lender has inaugurated first of its kind branch for High Networth Individuals (HNI) where it takes minimum Rs 1 crore to open an account, and that too on invitation only.
“Kohinoor Banjara Premium Banking Centre` (named after the famed Kohinoor diamond that was discovered here), spread over 4,000 sq ft, offers specialised banking facilities like relationship managers, 24/7 lockers, extended banking hours, doorstep pick-up and drop facilities, in addition to pampering customers five-star amenities at the branch.
"We have opened as many as 50 accounts so far. We are confident of opening another 150 by the end of the current fiscal," Shiva Kumar, Chief General Manager, SBI, told a news agency.
According to bank officials, an attractive feature of the branch is lockers. "They are open 24 hours. People can come anytime and take or keep their jewellery and other valuable items. We have special dressing rooms for customers.
“These will be useful for late night function goers as they would not have to take the valuables home," they said.
Inaugurating the branch yesterday, Diwakar Gupta, Deputy Managing Director, SBI, said while the bank has over 150 branches catering to HNIs, this centre is based on a different concept.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued