SC nod for selecting CWG hockey teams
New Delhi: The Supreme Court today allowed
the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) and Hockey India (HI) to
field the men`s and women`s teams in the October Commonwealth
"We direct as an interim measure that IOA and HI will
field the Indian team for men amd women hockey in the
Commonwealth Games," a Bench comprising R V Raveendran and H L
The order was passed after Hockey India`s rival Indian
Hockey Federation admitted that it was not affiliated to the
International Hockey Federation (FIH).
Indian Olympic Association also said that it recognises
only Hockey India as the National Federation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details