School-bus attendant arrested for raping 4-year-old in Thane
Mumbai: A four-year-old girl was raped allegedly by a school bus attendant, who lured her to the backseat of the vehicle on the pretext of showing her a magic trick, in neighbouring Thane district.
27-year-old Sandip Karve (27) was arrested yesterday, eight days after he allegedly sexually assaulted a KG student of an English medium school at Badlapur in the district.
"The incident came to light after the girl complained of intense pain and was hospitalised, following which the police were informed and arrested him," said a local police officer.
He said that eight days ago the girl and her friend were alone in the bus, which was parked in the school premises, when Karve entered the bus, took the girl to the back of the bus on the pretext of showing her a magic trick, and sexually assaulted her.
"The child cried for help and her friend -- of the same age -- walked to the back of the bus, but Karve threatened both of them, asking them to keep quiet," the officer said.
Later, as other children returned to the bus, Karve travelled with them as usual, dropping all of them at their respective places.
He has been booked under section 376 (rape) of Indian Penal Code and the Protection of Children From Sexual Abuse Act, 2012.
"We will also record statements of other children in the school to find out if he had committed similar crimes in the past," the police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’