School-kids on drive to restore Pondy`s green cover
Puducherry: School children will be engaged in a plant-sapling drive by government to restore the green cover of Puducherry that took a heavy beating when cyclone Thane lashed the coast on December 30.
Puducherry Administration has planned to raise as many as 2.5 lakh trees under this year long drive.
A.Bhaskar, MLA, today flagged-off the campaign entitled `basic livelihood and forest cover launched in association with the C.P.Ramaswamy Environment Centre, Chennai.
With a view to restoring the green environs, the Directorate of Education has initiated steps to associate the children with the project of ‘Green Puducherry’.
The cyclone had uprooted thousands of trees, including coconut trees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray