Schweinsteiger on the spot to lift Germany
Berlin: Midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger converted two penalties in four minutes to give Germany a morale-boosting 3-1 win over Bosnia in their last World Cup warm-up game.
Germany looked sluggish in the first half but substitutes Thomas Mueller, Marko Marin and Cacau added pace after the interval as Germany struck three times in 27 minutes.
Cacau, who replaced out-of-form striker Miroslav Klose and set up Philipp Lahm`s equaliser, and Mueller, who came on for midfielder Piotr Trochowski and won Germany`s second penalty, staked strong claims for starting spots.
"In the second half, despite three weeks of preparation, we increased the tempo again and that was good to see," Germany coach Joachim Loew told reporters.
"The potential is there. Everyone has worked hard and I think we have a good team, the mood is good in the team and we can play a good tournament."
Defender Lahm, making his debut as Germany captain, helped give the Bosnians a 15th-minute lead when he tried to clear the ball but it struck striker Edin Dzeko and deflected over Germany keeper Manuel Neuer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?