Scindia defends political presence in sports
Indore: Union Minister of State for Commerce Jyotiraditya Scindia today defended political leader`s active role in sport and said there was nothing wrong in politicians occupying top posts in the sports bodies.
Not only politicians but professionals from other fields like medical, administration, higher academics should take interest in sports and take up posts of functionaries on sports bodies, Scindia said on Saturday.
"Why should others (not connected with games/sports) take objections if intellect and experts take interests in the games and take up any post. It will help and enable the development of the very game, he observed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- WATCH: From US-made bomb making tools to Quran; here's all unearthed from ISIS secret tunnels