Scindia defends political presence in sports
Indore: Union Minister of State for Commerce Jyotiraditya Scindia today defended political leader`s active role in sport and said there was nothing wrong in politicians occupying top posts in the sports bodies.
Not only politicians but professionals from other fields like medical, administration, higher academics should take interest in sports and take up posts of functionaries on sports bodies, Scindia said on Saturday.
"Why should others (not connected with games/sports) take objections if intellect and experts take interests in the games and take up any post. It will help and enable the development of the very game, he observed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...