Scindia pitches for Rahul Gandhi as PM in 2014
Surat: Union Power Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia Sunday said the Congress party would return to power in 2014 and Rahul Gandhi would become the Prime Minister.
"Congress will return to power under the leadership of Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi and I wish Rahul Gandhi will become the Prime Minister in 2014," Scindia, who came here for campaigning told newspersons, responding to a query.
Scindia who addressed an election rally in Choryasi assembly constituency where many Marathi-speaking voters reside, spoke briefly in Marathi.
"The outcome of this elections will determine the future of Gujarat," he said, adding, political leaders who did not care for their voters would be dumped by the voters.
"I want to tell Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi that Gujarat has been developing for the past 100 years. Modi has not done any great development," he said.
Raja Patel is contesting on BJP ticket from Choryasi while the Congress has fielded Satish Patel and Rajeshbhai Patel is contesting on GPP ticket.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video