‘Scrap mention of Ram temple from BJP manifesto’
Lucknow: Demanding removal of Ram temple`s
mention from the BJP manifesto, Sant Mahasabha, a body
representing various sadhus and saints, has threatened to sit
A delegation of the umbrella body met officials of
Election Commission on February 11.
"A delegation of Sant Samaj met the EC officials on
February 11 and submitted a memorandum to issue notice to the
BJP to remove mention of Ram temple from its manifesto," north
India president of Sant Mahasabha Acharya Pramod Krishnam told
The outfit has demanded cancellation of BJP`s manifesto
in case it does not scrap the mention of Ram temple from it.
"If this does not happen by midnight then Sant Samaj will
start fast unto death in front of EC office from tomorrow,"
He alleged that the BJP has raised the issue of Ram
temple "prominently" in its manifesto, on which saints of the
country have serious reservation.
"This issue should not be politicised," Krishnam said.
He added that as the matter was pending in the Supreme
Court, this is contempt of the court as well as a violation of
the model code of conduct.
On January 27, BJP revived the Ram temple issue promising
construction of a grand temple in Ayodhya if voted to power.
The party`s manifesto for the state Assembly elections
brought back the issue which had once propelled the party to
the centerstage of national politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings