‘Scrap mention of Ram temple from BJP manifesto’
Lucknow: Demanding removal of Ram temple`s
mention from the BJP manifesto, Sant Mahasabha, a body
representing various sadhus and saints, has threatened to sit
A delegation of the umbrella body met officials of
Election Commission on February 11.
"A delegation of Sant Samaj met the EC officials on
February 11 and submitted a memorandum to issue notice to the
BJP to remove mention of Ram temple from its manifesto," north
India president of Sant Mahasabha Acharya Pramod Krishnam told
The outfit has demanded cancellation of BJP`s manifesto
in case it does not scrap the mention of Ram temple from it.
"If this does not happen by midnight then Sant Samaj will
start fast unto death in front of EC office from tomorrow,"
He alleged that the BJP has raised the issue of Ram
temple "prominently" in its manifesto, on which saints of the
country have serious reservation.
"This issue should not be politicised," Krishnam said.
He added that as the matter was pending in the Supreme
Court, this is contempt of the court as well as a violation of
the model code of conduct.
On January 27, BJP revived the Ram temple issue promising
construction of a grand temple in Ayodhya if voted to power.
The party`s manifesto for the state Assembly elections
brought back the issue which had once propelled the party to
the centerstage of national politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO