SDPI announces candidates for 42 constituencies
Kozhikode: Social Democratic Party of India
(SDPI), the rechristained political wing of NDF, Wednesday
announced candidates for 42 constituencies for the forthcoming
Kerala state Assembly Elections scheduled to be held on April
Releasing the candidates list at a press conference here,
PA Majid Faisi, state general secretary SDPI, said they have
decided not to field their candidates for the Manjeswaram
(Kasargod) and Nemam (Thiruvananthapuram) constituencies with
a view to thwart BJP`s chances.
Pointing that BJP will not open their account in the
election, he said the party will take a decision on the
strategy to be adopted in Manjeswaram and Nemam at the right
In 40 constituencies, SDPI will extend their support to
Kerala Dalit Panther`s, Lok Janasakthi Party and Republicn
Party of India, he said.
Prominent leaders whose names were announced includes
MK ManojKumar, general secretary (Kunnathunad-Ernakulam
dist), PK Ayyappan Master, vice-president (Peravoor-Kannur
dist), Thlasidharan Pallikkal, secretary (Kunnathur-Kollam)
and Samkutty Jacob, treasurer (Thiruvalla-Pathanamthitta).
The party will come out with the election manifesto on
March 25, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends
- Indian Army makes major changes in recruitment process – Click here to get updated information