SDPI announces candidates for 42 constituencies
Kozhikode: Social Democratic Party of India
(SDPI), the rechristained political wing of NDF, Wednesday
announced candidates for 42 constituencies for the forthcoming
Kerala state Assembly Elections scheduled to be held on April
Releasing the candidates list at a press conference here,
PA Majid Faisi, state general secretary SDPI, said they have
decided not to field their candidates for the Manjeswaram
(Kasargod) and Nemam (Thiruvananthapuram) constituencies with
a view to thwart BJP`s chances.
Pointing that BJP will not open their account in the
election, he said the party will take a decision on the
strategy to be adopted in Manjeswaram and Nemam at the right
In 40 constituencies, SDPI will extend their support to
Kerala Dalit Panther`s, Lok Janasakthi Party and Republicn
Party of India, he said.
Prominent leaders whose names were announced includes
MK ManojKumar, general secretary (Kunnathunad-Ernakulam
dist), PK Ayyappan Master, vice-president (Peravoor-Kannur
dist), Thlasidharan Pallikkal, secretary (Kunnathur-Kollam)
and Samkutty Jacob, treasurer (Thiruvalla-Pathanamthitta).
The party will come out with the election manifesto on
March 25, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka