SEBI examining investment avenues for portfolio managers
Kolkata: Securities and Exchange Board of India is in the process of examining whether registered portfolio managers invest in instruments other than listed
securities, an official of the agency said.
"We are looking at other instruments like exchange traded
derivatives for investments by portfolio managers," SEBI
executive director R K Nair said.
The regulator has laid down various norms for portfolio
managers to protect investor`s interest.
SEBI is looking at other structured products besides
listed securities, Nair said at a seminar on Portfolio
Management Services organised by Indian Chamber of Commerce
At present, there are 247 portfolio managers registered
with SEBI and total assets under management by these entities
stand at Rs 2.72 lakh crore.
SEBI, he added, is also trying to usher in more reforms
in the primary and secondary markets to make the capital
markets more fair, transparent and inclusive.
To prevent any scandal taking place in the realm of
portfolio management, Nair said, SEBI had asked portfolio
managers to de-pool their accounts of listed securities from
those of their clients. The regulator has also asked them to
maintain capital adequacy ratio.
In this context, he said the net worth of the portfolio
managers should be at around Rs 2 crore.
Touching upon the aspect of investor eduction he said,
SEBI would reach out to school teachers for training in basic
financial literacy. These teachers, in turn, would train their
students on the various issues relating to preliminary
The grievance redressal system is also being streamlined
in the interest of investor protection, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'