SEBI notice to RIL on RPL share sale; Co says reply sent
Mumbai: Market regulator SEBI is understood to have asked RIL as to why it should not be barred from accessing the market in relation to violation of insider trading norms -- a charge denied by the company.
Reliance Industries has not violated any regulations, a spokesperson for Mukesh Ambani-led firm said on Monday, when asked about SEBI`S show-cause notice in relation to sale of shares of its then subsidiary Reliance Petroleum in late 2007.
SEBI is understood to have issued a show-cause notice in April this year against Reliance Industries, stating why it should not take action for possible violation of insider trading norms in relation to sale of shares of then subsidiary RPL in November 2007.
Subsequent to this, SEBI early last month is said to have amended the notice, asking RIL to explain why it should not be barred from accessing the market, directly or indirectly, and why a direction should not be issued for disgorgement of proceeds from the said sale of RPL shares.
"Reliance Industries Ltd has always abided by all rules and regulations of SEBI and hence, has neither violated any provisions of Insider Trading nor has acted in any manner so as to attract provisions under the related sections of SEBI Act," the spokesperson said in an emailed statement.
"We have accordingly, submitted our detailed reply to SEBI and have not received any further communication in this regard," the spokesperson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam