SEBI notice to RIL on RPL share sale; Co says reply sent
Mumbai: Market regulator SEBI is understood to have asked RIL as to why it should not be barred from accessing the market in relation to violation of insider trading norms -- a charge denied by the company.
Reliance Industries has not violated any regulations, a spokesperson for Mukesh Ambani-led firm said on Monday, when asked about SEBI`S show-cause notice in relation to sale of shares of its then subsidiary Reliance Petroleum in late 2007.
SEBI is understood to have issued a show-cause notice in April this year against Reliance Industries, stating why it should not take action for possible violation of insider trading norms in relation to sale of shares of then subsidiary RPL in November 2007.
Subsequent to this, SEBI early last month is said to have amended the notice, asking RIL to explain why it should not be barred from accessing the market, directly or indirectly, and why a direction should not be issued for disgorgement of proceeds from the said sale of RPL shares.
"Reliance Industries Ltd has always abided by all rules and regulations of SEBI and hence, has neither violated any provisions of Insider Trading nor has acted in any manner so as to attract provisions under the related sections of SEBI Act," the spokesperson said in an emailed statement.
"We have accordingly, submitted our detailed reply to SEBI and have not received any further communication in this regard," the spokesperson added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day