SEBI to kick off net-based investor education plan soon
Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) is planning to fully utilise the advantages of internet to spread investor education, apart from lending a helping hand to universities to offer courses on personal finance.
"We are considering setting up of access points to SEBI website in various cities and towns -- first at the premises of all regional stock exchange and later at select universities and colleges, in towns where there are no exchanges," said SEBI board member Prof J R Verma. He added, “In three years time, net connections and access would become as easy as that of subscriber trunk dialling (std) today, making the programme reachable at nook and corner of the country.”
SEBI feels setting up access points at university had two purposes, enabling teaching staff to update their knowledge, and to educate students, so that they could spread it. Seminars and open house sessions would also be conducted as part of this initiative for the purpose.
In many countries, there are courses on personal finance and SEBI would encourage Indian universities to launch this kind of a course, by helping them in creating course material.
Report : Zeenext Bureau
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know