Second day of Indo-Pak Home Secys talks
New Delhi: The second round of talks between Home Secretaries of India and Pakistan will begin here on Tuesday, a day before the prime ministers of both the countries will meet at Mohali on the sidelines of the clash between Dhoni’s and Afridi’s men in the World Cup semi-final.
Home Secretary Gopal K Pillai and his Pakistani counterpart Chaudhary Qamar Zaman had met yesterday and held discussion lasting more than five hours.
“The talks were extremely positive and progress has been made in the right direction,” said Pillai talking to reporters after the conclusion of the first round of meeting. Echoing Pillai, Zaman said, “It has been a very positive attitude displayed by both the countries.”
Though there was no official word about what has been transpired from the yesterday’s meet, highly placed sources informed that the two neighbours have discussed a wide range of issues including counter-terrorism measures. New Delhi has also communicated its displeasure to Islamabad on latter’s reluctance in bringing the perpetrators of 26/11 to justice.
Although, no breakthrough is expected in the official-level talks, which is being held after a gap of nine months, officials of both sides are hopeful that the "ice may be broken" for the resumption of substantial dialogue later.
There is also a possibility that a joint statement may be issued at the end of the deliberations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!