‘Secular’ Salman paints Hindu Gods
Mumbai: Bollywood’s ‘enfant terrible’ Salman Khan is a perfect example of a secular actor, who has equal respects for all the religions. Salman, who celebrated Ganapati and Eid with equal fervour, has got the best teachings of all religions inculcated in him.
Buzz has it that Salman has painted a series of paintings on Hindu Gods like Shiva, Kali and others using his own understanding about them. It is believed that he might do an extensive series on Hindu Gods and even hold an exhibition for the same in Mumbai.
What’s interesting about Salman’s paintings on Hindu Gods is the fact that the first painting from this series is going to his close friend and Bollywood star Akshay Kumar and his wife Twinkle Khanna.
Of late, Salman has become quite close to Akshay. Apparently, Salman also did a song for Akshay’s ‘Tees Maar Khan’ for free, hence, returning Akki’s generosity of walking the ramp for his ‘Being Human’ show last year. Further, Akshay donated his entire earnings from ‘Kaun Banega Crorepati’ (a whopping sum of Rs. 50 lakh) to Salman’s ‘Being Human’ foundation. Greatly touched by Akshay’s gesture, Salman decided to paint something for close friend Akshay.
Finally, when Salman painted the Hindu Gods, he decided to gift the first one to Akshay and his wife Twinkle, who is a huge lover and collector of art.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Is there life after death?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'