Security forces ready to face any eventuality: Nishank
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government today
said security forces were keeping a tight vigil during ongoing
Maha Kumbh in Haridwar and there was no shortage of force for
the mega religious event.
"The security forces are maintaining high alert and
keeping vigil in Haridwar and they are ready to face any
eventuality," Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank told
There is no shortage of force in the Kumbh mela and 25
companies of PAC have already arrived from Uttar Pradesh, he
Meanwhile, seeking extension of industrial package for
the state, which expires on March 31, the chief minister
expressed hope that the Centre would fulfill the demand in the
upcoming Union budget.
He also demanded the Centre to immediately release Rs 330
crore as additional assistance to Uttarakhand as the financial
year comes to close next month.
Nishank also demanded Rs 100 cr to meet the expenditure
of security on international borders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145