Security forces ready to face any eventuality: Nishank
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government today
said security forces were keeping a tight vigil during ongoing
Maha Kumbh in Haridwar and there was no shortage of force for
the mega religious event.
"The security forces are maintaining high alert and
keeping vigil in Haridwar and they are ready to face any
eventuality," Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank told
There is no shortage of force in the Kumbh mela and 25
companies of PAC have already arrived from Uttar Pradesh, he
Meanwhile, seeking extension of industrial package for
the state, which expires on March 31, the chief minister
expressed hope that the Centre would fulfill the demand in the
upcoming Union budget.
He also demanded the Centre to immediately release Rs 330
crore as additional assistance to Uttarakhand as the financial
year comes to close next month.
Nishank also demanded Rs 100 cr to meet the expenditure
of security on international borders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre