Security forces ready to face any eventuality: Nishank
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government today
said security forces were keeping a tight vigil during ongoing
Maha Kumbh in Haridwar and there was no shortage of force for
the mega religious event.
"The security forces are maintaining high alert and
keeping vigil in Haridwar and they are ready to face any
eventuality," Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank told
There is no shortage of force in the Kumbh mela and 25
companies of PAC have already arrived from Uttar Pradesh, he
Meanwhile, seeking extension of industrial package for
the state, which expires on March 31, the chief minister
expressed hope that the Centre would fulfill the demand in the
upcoming Union budget.
He also demanded the Centre to immediately release Rs 330
crore as additional assistance to Uttarakhand as the financial
year comes to close next month.
Nishank also demanded Rs 100 cr to meet the expenditure
of security on international borders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside