Security forces ready to face any eventuality: Nishank
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government today
said security forces were keeping a tight vigil during ongoing
Maha Kumbh in Haridwar and there was no shortage of force for
the mega religious event.
"The security forces are maintaining high alert and
keeping vigil in Haridwar and they are ready to face any
eventuality," Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank told
There is no shortage of force in the Kumbh mela and 25
companies of PAC have already arrived from Uttar Pradesh, he
Meanwhile, seeking extension of industrial package for
the state, which expires on March 31, the chief minister
expressed hope that the Centre would fulfill the demand in the
upcoming Union budget.
He also demanded the Centre to immediately release Rs 330
crore as additional assistance to Uttarakhand as the financial
year comes to close next month.
Nishank also demanded Rs 100 cr to meet the expenditure
of security on international borders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch