Security forces ready to face any eventuality: Nishank
Dehradun: The Uttarakhand government today
said security forces were keeping a tight vigil during ongoing
Maha Kumbh in Haridwar and there was no shortage of force for
the mega religious event.
"The security forces are maintaining high alert and
keeping vigil in Haridwar and they are ready to face any
eventuality," Chief Minister Ramesh Pokhariyal Nishank told
There is no shortage of force in the Kumbh mela and 25
companies of PAC have already arrived from Uttar Pradesh, he
Meanwhile, seeking extension of industrial package for
the state, which expires on March 31, the chief minister
expressed hope that the Centre would fulfill the demand in the
upcoming Union budget.
He also demanded the Centre to immediately release Rs 330
crore as additional assistance to Uttarakhand as the financial
year comes to close next month.
Nishank also demanded Rs 100 cr to meet the expenditure
of security on international borders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured