Security `status symbol` for many: Nitish
Patna: Accusing the Centre of practicing
`pick and choose` while providing NSG protection to leaders,
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today said security cover
had become `status symbol` for many.
Security cover should be decided by the security agencies
keeping in mind the magnitude of threat perception to the
people, instead of giving weight to a personality or the
person, Kumar said.
He was replying to a questioner on the controversy that
erupted over the NSG protection to some leaders, including RJD
chief Lalu Prasad and former Uttar Pradesh chief minister
Mulayam Singh Yadav.
"It is a matter to be taken note of seriously as to
whether the security to an ex-CM is more important than the
protection required for a CM," he said without naming his bete
noire Lalu Prasad.
Earlier during the day, the Centre assured in Parliament
that NSG protection to Lalu Prasad, BSP leader Mayawati and
SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav will not be scaled down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note