Security `status symbol` for many: Nitish
Patna: Accusing the Centre of practicing
`pick and choose` while providing NSG protection to leaders,
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar today said security cover
had become `status symbol` for many.
Security cover should be decided by the security agencies
keeping in mind the magnitude of threat perception to the
people, instead of giving weight to a personality or the
person, Kumar said.
He was replying to a questioner on the controversy that
erupted over the NSG protection to some leaders, including RJD
chief Lalu Prasad and former Uttar Pradesh chief minister
Mulayam Singh Yadav.
"It is a matter to be taken note of seriously as to
whether the security to an ex-CM is more important than the
protection required for a CM," he said without naming his bete
noire Lalu Prasad.
Earlier during the day, the Centre assured in Parliament
that NSG protection to Lalu Prasad, BSP leader Mayawati and
SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav will not be scaled down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope
- World Hepatitis Day, 2016: Ten facts you should know!
- Protests over 'sacrilegious act' in Jammu, case registered