Sehwag and Zee News’ enlightening Diwali
New Delhi: In an attempt to bring a smile on the faces of the underprivileged children on the occasion of Diwali, Zee News organized a painting competition on the theme `PROSPEROUS INDIA`, under the aegis of its unique campaign India First.
As part of the campaign, the channel provided an opportunity to about 1000-1500 children from various NGO’s to participate and paint the India of their thoughts. Ace cricketer Virender Sehwag also joined the campaign. He not only motivated the children but also pledged to contribute in his own way to make India First in all instances. By lighting up the candles, Virender spread the message across the citizens of the country to come forward and join the campaign.
The theme of the event was ‘I am an Indian, Nationalism is my religion’. This drive was initiated to mark the occasion of India’s 62nd Independence Day to promote Unity, Progress & Prosperity. India First is yet another endeavour from Zee News to unite the nation and help to forget divisions of caste, class, sex, religion or language. The campaign is aimed ‘To unite the nation to forget all the divisions by empowering human resources & make India first’, and is acting as a catalyst to make the nation stronger.
Additionally, students from various NGOs also performed a skit and cultural programmes in sync with the initiative.
Successfully running for over two month, the ‘India First’ campaign has also garnered support from noted personalities like Salman Khan, Prabhu Deva, Baichung Bhutia, Priyanka Chopra, Shahid Kapur, Suniel Shetty, Durand Cup Football Society, Supreme Court Lawyers association and many more.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP