Sehwag sixth Indian to complete 7000 Test runs
Colombo: Virender Sehwag became the sixth Indian batsman to score 7000 Test runs during his unbeaten knock of 97 on the second day of the third and final Test against Sri Lanka.
Sehwag reached the milestone during the final session when he scored a single off Sri Lankan paceman Lasith Malinga to mid-off area to bring up his 70 at the P Sara Oval.
The dashing Indian opener is the 38th batsman overall to have scored 7000 runs.
31-year-old Sehwag, who made his debut against South Africa at Bloemfontein in 2001, was playing in his 79th Test.
Sunil Gavaskar was the first Indian to complete 7000 runs in Test cricket years ago, while the other Indians in the list are Sachin Tendulkar, Rahul Dravid, VVS Laxman and Sourav Ganguly.
Sehwag remained unbeaten on 97 at the end of second day`s play. During his 87-ball stay at the crease, Sehwag cracked 17 fours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!