Sena-BJP seat-sharing to be finalised soon: Uddhav Thackeray
Mumbai: The seat sharing between Shiv Sena-BJP alliance for the Maharashtra Assembly elections would be finalised soon, Sena executive president Uddhav Thackeray
"We are in the process of finalising the seat adjustments..it will be finalised soon," Uddhav told reporters at the Thackeray family residence Matoshree in suburban
There are no differences between the saffron alliance partners on seat sharing, Uddhav said.
"There are a couple of seats over which both the parties have staked claim but these would also be sorted out in a few days," he said.
Post-delimitation, Sena has claimed Guhagar seat in coastal Konkan which is presently with BJP, as Leader of Opposition Ramdas Kadam of the Sena is eyeing that seat.
Guhagar seat is understood to be a stumbling block in finalisation of seat sharing between Sena and BJP.
The crisis in BJP at the national level would not impact elections in Maharashtra as unlike Congress, decisions here are not dictated from Delhi, Uddhav said.
During the 2004 Assembly elections, Sena had contested 171 seats and BJP remaining 117 seats in the 288-member House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result 2015 to be announced shortly