Sensex advances after weak start, up 49 pts
Mumbai: The BSE benchmark Sensex moved into the green Wednesday after starting weak and was ruling about 49 points up, 15 minutes into trade.
The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) opened the day at 17,149.08 points, against Tuesday`s close at 17,131.08 points but soon rose to 17,180.4 points, up 0.28 percent or 49.32 points in about 15 minutes of trading.
Around the same time, at the National Stock Exchange (NSE), the broader 50-share S&P CNX Nifty was ruling at 5,100.9 points, against the previous close at 5,090.55 points, a gain of 0.2 percent.
Broader market indices were holding up with the BSE midcap index up 0.63 percent and the BSE small cap index ruling 0.57 percent higher.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch