Sensex advances after weak start, up 49 pts
Mumbai: The BSE benchmark Sensex moved into the green Wednesday after starting weak and was ruling about 49 points up, 15 minutes into trade.
The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) opened the day at 17,149.08 points, against Tuesday`s close at 17,131.08 points but soon rose to 17,180.4 points, up 0.28 percent or 49.32 points in about 15 minutes of trading.
Around the same time, at the National Stock Exchange (NSE), the broader 50-share S&P CNX Nifty was ruling at 5,100.9 points, against the previous close at 5,090.55 points, a gain of 0.2 percent.
Broader market indices were holding up with the BSE midcap index up 0.63 percent and the BSE small cap index ruling 0.57 percent higher.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!