Sensex advances after weak start, up 49 pts
Mumbai: The BSE benchmark Sensex moved into the green Wednesday after starting weak and was ruling about 49 points up, 15 minutes into trade.
The sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) opened the day at 17,149.08 points, against Tuesday`s close at 17,131.08 points but soon rose to 17,180.4 points, up 0.28 percent or 49.32 points in about 15 minutes of trading.
Around the same time, at the National Stock Exchange (NSE), the broader 50-share S&P CNX Nifty was ruling at 5,100.9 points, against the previous close at 5,090.55 points, a gain of 0.2 percent.
Broader market indices were holding up with the BSE midcap index up 0.63 percent and the BSE small cap index ruling 0.57 percent higher.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical