Sensex crosses 15K mark in midsession
Mumbai: The BSE Sensex maintained its rising trend since last week as it shot up by more than 400 points at midsession today on funds buying blue-chip stocks led by the software and realty sectors.
A firm opening in European and Asian stock markets further fuelled sentiment and 30-share Sensex climbed 411.46 points to 15,156.38 at 1330 hrs.
The 50-share National Stock Exchange index Nifty rose by 117.25 points, or 2.68 percent, to 4,492.20.
The upsurge was supported by information technology shares after segment major Tata Consultancy Services, a leading software developers and Sensex-linked firm, recorded handsome gains of over 17.42 percent after its first-quarter profit beat analysts’ estimates.
The current rally recorded a gain of 9.2 percent last week, recovering most of the 9.5 percent loss a week earlier after the Budget revealed the widest budget deficit in 16 years and failed to lay out firm plans to sell state assets.
The stocks` rating was raised to "equal-weight" from "underweight" at Morgan Stanley, which said uncertainty over earnings in the current fiscal year has been reduced.
Foreign institutional investors bought a net Rs 292 crore of Indian stocks on July 16.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?