Sensex declines by 117 pts in early trade
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark
Sensex on Wednesday fell by nearly 117 points in early trade on fresh
selling by retail investors and foreign funds triggered by
weak global cues.
The Sensex moved down by 116.86 points, or 0.68 percent,
to 17,110.82 points in early trade. The 30-share index had
gained 244.54 points in previous trade.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty fell
by 38 points to 5,109.95.
Brokers said weak trends on the Asian markets after
overnight losses on the US stock markets triggered the selling
by foreign funds. Profit-taking by retail investors also
dampened the trading sentiment.
Heavy-weight Reliance Industries fell 0.51 percent to
Rs 1,074.75 on profit-taking after yesterday`s strong rally,
while Reliance Infra shed 0.45 percent to Rs 1,066.55.
Among other major losers, Infosys dipped by 0.54 percent
to Rs 2,427, Wipro by 0.52 percent to Rs 644.25, Sterlite by
1.73 percent to Rs 848, Tata Steel by 1.57 per cent to Rs
559.60 and Maruti Suzuki by 0.26 percent to Rs 1,565.
State Bank of India was down 0.25 percent at Rs
2,301.40, ICICI Bank by 0.92 percent at Rs 864 and HDFC Bank
by 0.21 percent at Rs 1,826.
The Hong Kong`s Hang Seng Index was down 0.70 percent,
while Japan`s Nikkei fell 1.3 percent in the morning trade.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 1 percent down in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- China in `preliminary` deal for Sudan`s first atomic plant
- EgyptAir 804 human remains suggest blast: Forensic official
- RBI says 1/3rd of ATMS non-functional, warns of penal action
- Sachin Tendulkar biopic most awaited film of year: AR Rahman
- Rishi Kapoor 'thrilled' about 'shauchalaya' named after him