Sensex declines by 117 pts in early trade
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark
Sensex on Wednesday fell by nearly 117 points in early trade on fresh
selling by retail investors and foreign funds triggered by
weak global cues.
The Sensex moved down by 116.86 points, or 0.68 percent,
to 17,110.82 points in early trade. The 30-share index had
gained 244.54 points in previous trade.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty fell
by 38 points to 5,109.95.
Brokers said weak trends on the Asian markets after
overnight losses on the US stock markets triggered the selling
by foreign funds. Profit-taking by retail investors also
dampened the trading sentiment.
Heavy-weight Reliance Industries fell 0.51 percent to
Rs 1,074.75 on profit-taking after yesterday`s strong rally,
while Reliance Infra shed 0.45 percent to Rs 1,066.55.
Among other major losers, Infosys dipped by 0.54 percent
to Rs 2,427, Wipro by 0.52 percent to Rs 644.25, Sterlite by
1.73 percent to Rs 848, Tata Steel by 1.57 per cent to Rs
559.60 and Maruti Suzuki by 0.26 percent to Rs 1,565.
State Bank of India was down 0.25 percent at Rs
2,301.40, ICICI Bank by 0.92 percent at Rs 864 and HDFC Bank
by 0.21 percent at Rs 1,826.
The Hong Kong`s Hang Seng Index was down 0.70 percent,
while Japan`s Nikkei fell 1.3 percent in the morning trade.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 1 percent down in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested