Sensex dips below 15K level, down 145 pts in early trade
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark Sensex dipped below 15,000-point level by losing over 145 points in early trade Tuesday, as foreign funds and retail
investors engaged in off-loading positions on worries over weak rains, crucial for the domestic demand-led economy.
The BSE-30 share benchmark Sensex, which had lost almost 895 points, or 5.6 per cent in past three sessions, fell by 145.54 points at 14,864.23 in early trade.
Similarly, the Nifty index on the wide-based National Stock Exchange lost 38.75 points to 4,398.90.
Stocks of FMCG, capital goods and PSUs sectors, which had risen sharply in the recent run-up, succumbed to profit-taking, pulling down the Sensex.
Sentiments remained bearish as foreign institutional investors remained major sellers on the bourses as the monsoon rainfall so far has been much below normal.
In the FMCG sector, ITC Ltd fell by 1.27per cent to Rs 221.10, Nestle India by 1.19 per cent to Rs 2,146, United Spirit by 1.88 per cent to Rs 863.45, Britannia by 2.02 per
cent to Rs 1,675 and Dabur India by 1.11 per cent to Rs 129.
Further, BHEL moved down by 1.11 per cent to Rs 2,125, Larsen and Toubro by 1.98 per cent to Rs 1,410, HDFC Ltd by 2.62 per cent to Rs 2,267.70, Infosys Technologies by 0.64 per cent to Rs 2,073.40 and Sterlite Industries by 1.25 per cent to Rs 624.10.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.34 per cent down yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof