Sensex down 146 pts in early trade on Asian cues
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark
Sensex lost 146 points in early trading on continued selling
by funds, triggered by weak Asian cues.
The 30-share index fell by 146.05 points to 17,276.46
points in the first five minutes of trade. The BSE barometer
had lost 278.62 points in the last four session.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty lost
50.85 points at 5,169.55 points at the same time.
Marketmen said selling emerged following steep fall in
global stock markets. They said the funds were seen booking profit in some ofthe gainers in previous session.
Among Asian markets, Japanese Nikkei fell 0.89 percent,
while Hong Kong`s Hang Seng slumped 1.71 percent and the
Shanghai Composite Index fell 1.46 percent after US markets
closed lower overnight.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 36.73 points, or
0.34 percent after fears of weak earnings by US companies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'