Sensex down 146 pts in early trade on Asian cues
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark
Sensex lost 146 points in early trading on continued selling
by funds, triggered by weak Asian cues.
The 30-share index fell by 146.05 points to 17,276.46
points in the first five minutes of trade. The BSE barometer
had lost 278.62 points in the last four session.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty lost
50.85 points at 5,169.55 points at the same time.
Marketmen said selling emerged following steep fall in
global stock markets. They said the funds were seen booking profit in some ofthe gainers in previous session.
Among Asian markets, Japanese Nikkei fell 0.89 percent,
while Hong Kong`s Hang Seng slumped 1.71 percent and the
Shanghai Composite Index fell 1.46 percent after US markets
closed lower overnight.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 36.73 points, or
0.34 percent after fears of weak earnings by US companies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!