Sensex down 146 pts in early trade on Asian cues
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark
Sensex lost 146 points in early trading on continued selling
by funds, triggered by weak Asian cues.
The 30-share index fell by 146.05 points to 17,276.46
points in the first five minutes of trade. The BSE barometer
had lost 278.62 points in the last four session.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty lost
50.85 points at 5,169.55 points at the same time.
Marketmen said selling emerged following steep fall in
global stock markets. They said the funds were seen booking profit in some ofthe gainers in previous session.
Among Asian markets, Japanese Nikkei fell 0.89 percent,
while Hong Kong`s Hang Seng slumped 1.71 percent and the
Shanghai Composite Index fell 1.46 percent after US markets
closed lower overnight.
The Dow Jones Industrial Average dropped 36.73 points, or
0.34 percent after fears of weak earnings by US companies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics