Sensex down 8 points in opening trade on weak Asian cues
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark Sensex on Wednesday fell marginally by over 8 points in early trade
on fresh selling by funds influenced by weak trend in Asian
The Sensex fell by 8.11 points to 17,393.45 points in the
first five minutes of trading. The 30-share index had gained
over 800 points in the previous four trading sessions.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty also
drifted down by 9.10 points to 5,183.50 points.
Brokers said fresh selling by funds driven by weak trend
in Asian markets, mainly dampened the trading sentiments here.
Profit-taking by retail investors in some stocks also
put pressure on the stock prices.
They said market player were cautious ahead of monthly
settlement in the derivatives segments tomorrow.
The Hong Kong`s Hang Seng index was down 0.41 percent
in the morning trade. The US Dow Jones Industrial Average
closed 0.02 percent down in yesterday`s close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city