Sensex down 8 points in opening trade on weak Asian cues
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark Sensex on Wednesday fell marginally by over 8 points in early trade
on fresh selling by funds influenced by weak trend in Asian
The Sensex fell by 8.11 points to 17,393.45 points in the
first five minutes of trading. The 30-share index had gained
over 800 points in the previous four trading sessions.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty also
drifted down by 9.10 points to 5,183.50 points.
Brokers said fresh selling by funds driven by weak trend
in Asian markets, mainly dampened the trading sentiments here.
Profit-taking by retail investors in some stocks also
put pressure on the stock prices.
They said market player were cautious ahead of monthly
settlement in the derivatives segments tomorrow.
The Hong Kong`s Hang Seng index was down 0.41 percent
in the morning trade. The US Dow Jones Industrial Average
closed 0.02 percent down in yesterday`s close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand