Sensex down 8 points in opening trade on weak Asian cues
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark Sensex on Wednesday fell marginally by over 8 points in early trade
on fresh selling by funds influenced by weak trend in Asian
The Sensex fell by 8.11 points to 17,393.45 points in the
first five minutes of trading. The 30-share index had gained
over 800 points in the previous four trading sessions.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty also
drifted down by 9.10 points to 5,183.50 points.
Brokers said fresh selling by funds driven by weak trend
in Asian markets, mainly dampened the trading sentiments here.
Profit-taking by retail investors in some stocks also
put pressure on the stock prices.
They said market player were cautious ahead of monthly
settlement in the derivatives segments tomorrow.
The Hong Kong`s Hang Seng index was down 0.41 percent
in the morning trade. The US Dow Jones Industrial Average
closed 0.02 percent down in yesterday`s close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal