Sensex down 8 points in opening trade on weak Asian cues
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark Sensex on Wednesday fell marginally by over 8 points in early trade
on fresh selling by funds influenced by weak trend in Asian
The Sensex fell by 8.11 points to 17,393.45 points in the
first five minutes of trading. The 30-share index had gained
over 800 points in the previous four trading sessions.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty also
drifted down by 9.10 points to 5,183.50 points.
Brokers said fresh selling by funds driven by weak trend
in Asian markets, mainly dampened the trading sentiments here.
Profit-taking by retail investors in some stocks also
put pressure on the stock prices.
They said market player were cautious ahead of monthly
settlement in the derivatives segments tomorrow.
The Hong Kong`s Hang Seng index was down 0.41 percent
in the morning trade. The US Dow Jones Industrial Average
closed 0.02 percent down in yesterday`s close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- Islamic State group claims second German attack in a week
- Former Apple executive is back to lead company's car project
- Mumbai Taxi-rickshaw strike 'put on hold'
- VIDEO: Sushil calls Narsingh's doping row 'unfortunate', wants fellow wrestlers to win medals at Rio
- Pained by death of his buddy 'Tiger', 26/11 canine hero Caesar goes into depression