Sensex down 8 points in opening trade on weak Asian cues
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark Sensex on Wednesday fell marginally by over 8 points in early trade
on fresh selling by funds influenced by weak trend in Asian
The Sensex fell by 8.11 points to 17,393.45 points in the
first five minutes of trading. The 30-share index had gained
over 800 points in the previous four trading sessions.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty also
drifted down by 9.10 points to 5,183.50 points.
Brokers said fresh selling by funds driven by weak trend
in Asian markets, mainly dampened the trading sentiments here.
Profit-taking by retail investors in some stocks also
put pressure on the stock prices.
They said market player were cautious ahead of monthly
settlement in the derivatives segments tomorrow.
The Hong Kong`s Hang Seng index was down 0.41 percent
in the morning trade. The US Dow Jones Industrial Average
closed 0.02 percent down in yesterday`s close.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- OMG! Hilarious bomb scare prank – Must Watch
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 2nd Test: Steyn, Philander strike after du Plessis ton as Proteas take control on Day 2
- Rio Olympics medallist Sakshi Malik to tie the knot soon: Report
- MPCA to decide on holding elections in Monday's AGM
- The solar system is home to millions of Jupiter-like planets, reveals NASA!