Sensex down 95 pts in early morning trade
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark
Sensex fell by over 95 points in early morning trade on Monday on
selling by funds in oil and gas, banking and IT sector stocks
amid weak Asian cues.
The 30-share index, which had gained over 124 points in
the previous trading session, declined by 95.25 points, or
0.59 percent, to 15,915.65 points in early morning trade.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty
declined 25.60 points, or 0.55 percent, to 4,757.25.
Brokers said weak trends on the other Asian bourses
mainly dampened the trading sentiment here, triggering
selling by foreign funds in heavy-weight stocks.
Among the losers were Reliance Industries fell by 0.18
percent to Rs 991.90, Infosys by 0.51 percent to Rs
2,368.10, Tata Consultancy Services by 0.02 percent to Rs
729.35, Wipro by 0.29 percent to Rs 646, NTPC by 0.51 percent to Rs 204, HDFC Bank by 1.14 percent to Rs 1,555.65,
HDFC Ltd by 0.92 percent to Rs 2,374 and BHEL by 0.86 percent to Rs 2,293.40.
The Hong Kong`s Hang Seng index was down 0.26 percent,
while Japan`s Nikkei fell by 0.23 percent in the morning
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi