Sensex eases by 10 points, at 17,658
Mumbai: The benchmark Sensex eased by nearly 10 points in a volatile trade due to mild selling mainly in auto and IT stocks despite higher Asian advices.
The Bombay Stock Exchange 30-share barometer slipped by 9.26 points to 17,606.46 points at 1100 hrs. The index moved between 17,658.12 points and 17,578.48 points in volatile trade.
Meanwhile, the NSE 50-share Nifty eased by 2.5 points, or 0.05 per cent, to 5,260.60 points.
Cautious investors as well as operators continued to book profit after recent rally which took the market to more than 22-month highs.
On BSE Hero Honda dropped by 2.02 per cent, Infosys Tech by 1.49 per cent, Sterlite Industries by 1.36 per cent, Maruti Suzuki by 1.35 per cent and TCS 1.20 percent in the early trade.
Most of the Asian stocks rose today after gains in US retail sales which boosted confidence in global economy recovery.
The key benchmark indices in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Singapore and Taiwan rose by between 0.07 per cent and 0.67 per cent while indices in China and South Korea fell by between 0.35 per cent to 0.85 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Bezwada Wilson, T M Krishna win Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Caribbean Premier League eyes US ahead of T20 games
- Mayawati slur row: Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh spotted in Jharkhand – See pics
- US mother thrashes daughter on Facebook Live –Know why
- Anuja Chauhan's next novel to be about men in uniform