Sensex eases by 10 points, at 17,658
Mumbai: The benchmark Sensex eased by nearly 10 points in a volatile trade due to mild selling mainly in auto and IT stocks despite higher Asian advices.
The Bombay Stock Exchange 30-share barometer slipped by 9.26 points to 17,606.46 points at 1100 hrs. The index moved between 17,658.12 points and 17,578.48 points in volatile trade.
Meanwhile, the NSE 50-share Nifty eased by 2.5 points, or 0.05 per cent, to 5,260.60 points.
Cautious investors as well as operators continued to book profit after recent rally which took the market to more than 22-month highs.
On BSE Hero Honda dropped by 2.02 per cent, Infosys Tech by 1.49 per cent, Sterlite Industries by 1.36 per cent, Maruti Suzuki by 1.35 per cent and TCS 1.20 percent in the early trade.
Most of the Asian stocks rose today after gains in US retail sales which boosted confidence in global economy recovery.
The key benchmark indices in Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Singapore and Taiwan rose by between 0.07 per cent and 0.67 per cent while indices in China and South Korea fell by between 0.35 per cent to 0.85 percent.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video