Sensex ends flat, at 17,474 points
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) benchmark Sensex Wednesday pared early gains to end the day with a moderate loss of over 11 points as profit-booking emerged in index heavy stocks, including Wipro which posted 21 percent rise in third quarter earnings.
The 30-share barometer closed the day down by 11.57 points at 17,474.49.
It moved in a range of of 17,590.59 and 17,425.05 points.
The National Stock Exchange index Nifty also lost 3.95 points to settle at 5,221.70.
Marketmen said weak trends in the overseas markets led to emergence of profit booking at existing levels.
Realty and oil & gas stocks came under pressure by fell 1.91 percent and 1.31 percent, respectively. Reliance Industries, heaviest among Sensex stocks, lost 0.69 per cent to Rs 1,077.75. ONGC was down by 2.92 percent at Rs 1,163.05, and Bharat Petroleum by 4.50 percent to Rs 577.75.
The realty sector was another big casualty. The sectoral index index lost 1.91 percent at 3,930.25 after DLF lost 1.76 percent at Rs 373.50 and Unitech 2.87 percent at Rs 82.90.
Among 30 index-related stocks, 17 declined and 12 ended with gain. ACC Ltd remained unchanged at Rs 952.85.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence