Sensex pares early morning losses
Mumbai: A benchmark index of Indian equities pared its early morning losses Wednesday and was flat about half an hour into trade.
At 9.24 am, the 30-scrip sensitive index (Sensex) of the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), which opened at 16,218.68 points, was at 16,279.46 points, still down 6.86 points or 0.04 percent from its previous close.
At the National Stock Exchange (NSE), the broader 50-share S&P CNX Nifty was at 4,869.25 points, against the previous close at 4,870.05 points, a loss of 0.02 percent.
Broader markets were also in the red with the BSE midcap index trading 0.26 percent down and the BSE small cap index 0.33 percent lower.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden