Sensex rebounds midway on revival of buying
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark
Sensex gained 72.42 points at mid-session on Thursday on a revival
of buying by funds of heavy-weight stocks available at
attractive levels, wiping off early losses.
The Sensex, which lost 102 points in previous session and
later nearly 100 points in early trade today, rebounded
gaining 72.42 points, or 0.42 percent, and stood at 17,197.64
at 1230 hrs.
Similarly, the National Stock Exchange index Nifty rose
by 22.85 points to 5,134.85 with a significant rise in stocks
of metal, capital goods and power sectors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations