Sensex rebounds to hold hefty gains at open
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark
recovered sharply by gaining over 308 points in early trade
on Thursday on emergence of buying at lower levels triggered by an
attractive industrial data and firming global trend.
The Sensex which had lost 54.43 points in previous day`s
trading, surged by 308.08 points at 15,328.24 points in first
ten minutes of trading.
Similarly, wide-based national stock exchange index Nifty
shot up 91.65 points at 4549.15 points at the same time.
Marketmen said a better-than-expected industrial data
released yesterday, mainly influenced the trading sentiment.
They said a better trend in Asia and as well as US
stock markets further boosted the trend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal