Sensex rebounds to hold hefty gains at open
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark
recovered sharply by gaining over 308 points in early trade
on Thursday on emergence of buying at lower levels triggered by an
attractive industrial data and firming global trend.
The Sensex which had lost 54.43 points in previous day`s
trading, surged by 308.08 points at 15,328.24 points in first
ten minutes of trading.
Similarly, wide-based national stock exchange index Nifty
shot up 91.65 points at 4549.15 points at the same time.
Marketmen said a better-than-expected industrial data
released yesterday, mainly influenced the trading sentiment.
They said a better trend in Asia and as well as US
stock markets further boosted the trend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter