Sensex recovers 130 pts in early trade on fresh buying
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark
Sensex recovered by more than 130 points in opening trade
on Thursday on emergence of buying by funds amid firming trends on
other Asian markets.
The BSE-30 share benchmark Sensex, which had lost over
453 points in the past three sessions, moved up by 130.72
points, or 0.84 per cent at 15,598.18 points in opening trade
with all the sectoral indices trading in positive zone with
gains up to 1.44 per cent.
Similarly, the Nifty index on the wide-based National
Stock Exchange rose by 39.00 points to 4,647.35 points.
Brokers said emergence of buying in select heavy-weight
stocks by funds as well as retail investors, triggered by
firming trends on the other Asian bourses, helped Sensex
Stocks of non-ferrous metals producer,Sterlite Industries
were back in positive zone on emergence of buying and traded
2.50 per cent higher at Rs 651. Tata Steel stocks rose by 1.76
per cent to Rs 423.80.
Other gainers were Reliance Industries up by 0.56 per
cent to Rs 1,982.70, Rcom by 3.17 per cent to Rs 284.80,
Reliance Infra by 1.41 per cent to Rs 1,137.70, Maruti Suzuki
by 1.01 per cent to Rs 1,526, Tata Motors by 1.36 per cent to
Rs 525.25 and DLF Ltd by 1.89 per cent to Rs 419.60.
The Shanghai index was up 3.48 per cent, Japan`s Nikkei
was up 0.55 per cent, while Hong Kong`s Hang Seng index gained
0.99 per cent in the morning trade today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31