Sensex recovers 130 pts in early trade on fresh buying
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark
Sensex recovered by more than 130 points in opening trade
on Thursday on emergence of buying by funds amid firming trends on
other Asian markets.
The BSE-30 share benchmark Sensex, which had lost over
453 points in the past three sessions, moved up by 130.72
points, or 0.84 per cent at 15,598.18 points in opening trade
with all the sectoral indices trading in positive zone with
gains up to 1.44 per cent.
Similarly, the Nifty index on the wide-based National
Stock Exchange rose by 39.00 points to 4,647.35 points.
Brokers said emergence of buying in select heavy-weight
stocks by funds as well as retail investors, triggered by
firming trends on the other Asian bourses, helped Sensex
Stocks of non-ferrous metals producer,Sterlite Industries
were back in positive zone on emergence of buying and traded
2.50 per cent higher at Rs 651. Tata Steel stocks rose by 1.76
per cent to Rs 423.80.
Other gainers were Reliance Industries up by 0.56 per
cent to Rs 1,982.70, Rcom by 3.17 per cent to Rs 284.80,
Reliance Infra by 1.41 per cent to Rs 1,137.70, Maruti Suzuki
by 1.01 per cent to Rs 1,526, Tata Motors by 1.36 per cent to
Rs 525.25 and DLF Ltd by 1.89 per cent to Rs 419.60.
The Shanghai index was up 3.48 per cent, Japan`s Nikkei
was up 0.55 per cent, while Hong Kong`s Hang Seng index gained
0.99 per cent in the morning trade today.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed