Sensex rises by 158 pts in opening trade on global cues
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark Sensex rose by 158 points in opening trade on Friday on buying by funds driven by strong global cues.
The 30-share index gained 158.10 points, or 0.91 percent at 17,347.41 points on the back of rally in heavyweight stocks. It had gained 64.09 points yesterday.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty surged by 42.85 points, or 0.83 percent, to 5,177.50 points.
Brokers said sentiments on the domestic bourses remained bullish on the back of buying by foreign funds on positive global cues.
Country`s most valued firm Reliance Industries surged 0.93 percent to Rs 1,080.50, while Reliance Infra gained 1.12 percent to Rs 1,074.50 on funds based buying.
Other gainers were RCom by 1.97 percent to Rs 189.35, Infosys by 0.70 percent to Rs 2,461.70, Wipro by 0.76 percent to Rs 653.40, Sterlite up by 1.17 percent to Rs 850.80, Tata Steel by 1.20 percent to Rs 555.20, DLF Ltd 1.75 percent to Rs 392.90 and SBI by 0.98 percent to Rs 2,318.25.
The Hong Kong`s Hang Seng was up 1.80 percent, while Japan`s Nikkei gained 1.50 percent in the morning trade. The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.67 percent higher yesterday as reductions in US jobless claims boosted confidence that an economic expansion is increasing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming