Sensex rises by 158 pts in opening trade on global cues
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark Sensex rose by 158 points in opening trade on Friday on buying by funds driven by strong global cues.
The 30-share index gained 158.10 points, or 0.91 percent at 17,347.41 points on the back of rally in heavyweight stocks. It had gained 64.09 points yesterday.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty surged by 42.85 points, or 0.83 percent, to 5,177.50 points.
Brokers said sentiments on the domestic bourses remained bullish on the back of buying by foreign funds on positive global cues.
Country`s most valued firm Reliance Industries surged 0.93 percent to Rs 1,080.50, while Reliance Infra gained 1.12 percent to Rs 1,074.50 on funds based buying.
Other gainers were RCom by 1.97 percent to Rs 189.35, Infosys by 0.70 percent to Rs 2,461.70, Wipro by 0.76 percent to Rs 653.40, Sterlite up by 1.17 percent to Rs 850.80, Tata Steel by 1.20 percent to Rs 555.20, DLF Ltd 1.75 percent to Rs 392.90 and SBI by 0.98 percent to Rs 2,318.25.
The Hong Kong`s Hang Seng was up 1.80 percent, while Japan`s Nikkei gained 1.50 percent in the morning trade. The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.67 percent higher yesterday as reductions in US jobless claims boosted confidence that an economic expansion is increasing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win