Sensex rises by 158 pts in opening trade on global cues
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark Sensex rose by 158 points in opening trade on Friday on buying by funds driven by strong global cues.
The 30-share index gained 158.10 points, or 0.91 percent at 17,347.41 points on the back of rally in heavyweight stocks. It had gained 64.09 points yesterday.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty surged by 42.85 points, or 0.83 percent, to 5,177.50 points.
Brokers said sentiments on the domestic bourses remained bullish on the back of buying by foreign funds on positive global cues.
Country`s most valued firm Reliance Industries surged 0.93 percent to Rs 1,080.50, while Reliance Infra gained 1.12 percent to Rs 1,074.50 on funds based buying.
Other gainers were RCom by 1.97 percent to Rs 189.35, Infosys by 0.70 percent to Rs 2,461.70, Wipro by 0.76 percent to Rs 653.40, Sterlite up by 1.17 percent to Rs 850.80, Tata Steel by 1.20 percent to Rs 555.20, DLF Ltd 1.75 percent to Rs 392.90 and SBI by 0.98 percent to Rs 2,318.25.
The Hong Kong`s Hang Seng was up 1.80 percent, while Japan`s Nikkei gained 1.50 percent in the morning trade. The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.67 percent higher yesterday as reductions in US jobless claims boosted confidence that an economic expansion is increasing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Britain`s queen joins royal Invictus Games challenge to Obamas -Watch video
- Kerala Assembly Elections 2016: VS Achuthanandan’s one line speech stuns CPM workers
- Actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha says he would be happy to promote Bihar as its brand ambassador
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5