Sensex soars over 300 points in early trade
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange index Sensex surged by over 300 points in early trade on Thursday on heavy buying by funds at existing attractive levels following firming global trends.
The 30-share index rose by 307.36 points, or 2.07 percent, to 15,117.00 points with most of the sectoral indices
gaining up to 2.25 percent. The BSE barometer had lost almost
225 points in the previous session.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty
climbed 82.20 points, or 1.87 percent, to 4,476.30 points.
Brokers said buying activity on the domestic markets
emerged largely on the back of firming trend at other Asian
equity markets, which were up by almost 2.10 per cent in the
Among major gainers, Reliance Industries rose by 1.60 percent to Rs 1,913.50, Reliance Infra by 2.24 percent at Rs 1,104.80, RCom by 2.14 percent at Rs 245.40, ONGC Corp by 2.38 percent to Rs 1,185.20, Infosys by 1.93 percent at Rs 1,988.30, Tata Steel by 2.61 percent to Rs 445 and SBI by 2.61 percent to Rs 1735.25.
The Japan`s benchmark Nikkei index surged by nearly 1.16
per cent, Hong Kong`s Hang Seng index climbed nearly 1.66 per
cent, while Shanghai index was up by 2.10 per cent in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Saraswati Puja on Vasant Panchami - Tithi, Muhurt and Vidhi