Sensex soars over 300 points in early trade
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange index Sensex surged by over 300 points in early trade on Thursday on heavy buying by funds at existing attractive levels following firming global trends.
The 30-share index rose by 307.36 points, or 2.07 percent, to 15,117.00 points with most of the sectoral indices
gaining up to 2.25 percent. The BSE barometer had lost almost
225 points in the previous session.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty
climbed 82.20 points, or 1.87 percent, to 4,476.30 points.
Brokers said buying activity on the domestic markets
emerged largely on the back of firming trend at other Asian
equity markets, which were up by almost 2.10 per cent in the
Among major gainers, Reliance Industries rose by 1.60 percent to Rs 1,913.50, Reliance Infra by 2.24 percent at Rs 1,104.80, RCom by 2.14 percent at Rs 245.40, ONGC Corp by 2.38 percent to Rs 1,185.20, Infosys by 1.93 percent at Rs 1,988.30, Tata Steel by 2.61 percent to Rs 445 and SBI by 2.61 percent to Rs 1735.25.
The Japan`s benchmark Nikkei index surged by nearly 1.16
per cent, Hong Kong`s Hang Seng index climbed nearly 1.66 per
cent, while Shanghai index was up by 2.10 per cent in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Mumbai High court allows entry of women in Haji Ali Dargah
- DNA: Analysis of fraudulent doctor in Noida treating patients with wrong treatment
- DNA: Analyzing Balochistan's citizens struggle for freedom
- DNA: Two Syrian boys grieving death of brother killed in airstrike
- DNA: Analyzing world's first driverless taxi developed by Singapore company
- School dropout biggest crisis in India, says Singapore Deputy PM
- Italy quake death toll hits 278, state funeral planned
- Jigisha killer Ravi Kapoor convicted in taxi-driver murder case
- Records aside, US Open getting personal for Serena Williams
- World Risk Report 2016: India ranks 77th in world disaster risk index