Sensex surges 187 points in opening trade
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark Sensex rose over 187 points in opening trade, extending its rising streak for the second session on Friday on increased capital inflows by foreign funds on the back of impressive infrastructure growth and corporate earnings.
The 30-share index, which had surged 387.92 points in the previous session, gathered another 187.57 points at 15,418.61 points in opening trade.
Similarly, the wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty moved up by 51.40 points to 4,575.15.
Stock brokers said sustained buying by foreign funds following better-than-expected earnings posted by several blue-chip companies and strong equity global markets mainly buoyed the trading domestic markets` sentiments.
They said expectations that the trend-setter Reliance Industries may posted encouraging quarterly results later today too influenced the sentiments.
Major gainers were Reliance Industries gained 0.34 percent at RS 2,045, Reliance Infra by 0.95 percent at Rs 1,177.70, Infosys Technologies by 2.39 percent at Rs 2,006.70, Tata Steel by 1.94 percent at Rs 422.80, Sterlite Industries by 0.96 percent at Rs 638.80,
Mahindra and Mahindra by 1.24 percent at Rs 811.80 and Larsen
and Toubro 2.10 percent at Rs 1,520.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 2.12 percent higher yesterday, while Japan`s Nikkei gained 1.3 percent in morning trade today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH