Sensex surges 364 points at midsession
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark Sensex spurted by 364 points at midsession today on buying in banking and realty stocks by funds amid firming global trend.
The Sensex rose by 364.60 points to 16,528.40 points at 1230 hrs. The 30-share index had opened higher by 134 points.
The National Stock Exchange index Nifty rose by 112.10 points to 4,942.20 at the same time.
Marketmen said firming trend in Asian stock and commodity markets drove the buying on the domestic markets.
Among major gainers, ICICI Bank rose by 2.78 percent to Rs 840, HDFC Bank by 2.02 percent to Rs 1,617 and State Bank of India by 1.10 percent to Rs 1,995.50.
The heaviest on the Sensex, Reliance Industries, rose by 1.79 percent to Rs 1,045. Infosys gained 2.15 percent to Rs 2,490. Both the scrips carry nearly 23 percent weightage on the key index.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security