Sensex surges 364 points at midsession
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark Sensex spurted by 364 points at midsession today on buying in banking and realty stocks by funds amid firming global trend.
The Sensex rose by 364.60 points to 16,528.40 points at 1230 hrs. The 30-share index had opened higher by 134 points.
The National Stock Exchange index Nifty rose by 112.10 points to 4,942.20 at the same time.
Marketmen said firming trend in Asian stock and commodity markets drove the buying on the domestic markets.
Among major gainers, ICICI Bank rose by 2.78 percent to Rs 840, HDFC Bank by 2.02 percent to Rs 1,617 and State Bank of India by 1.10 percent to Rs 1,995.50.
The heaviest on the Sensex, Reliance Industries, rose by 1.79 percent to Rs 1,045. Infosys gained 2.15 percent to Rs 2,490. Both the scrips carry nearly 23 percent weightage on the key index.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown