Sensex surges 364 points at midsession
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark Sensex spurted by 364 points at midsession today on buying in banking and realty stocks by funds amid firming global trend.
The Sensex rose by 364.60 points to 16,528.40 points at 1230 hrs. The 30-share index had opened higher by 134 points.
The National Stock Exchange index Nifty rose by 112.10 points to 4,942.20 at the same time.
Marketmen said firming trend in Asian stock and commodity markets drove the buying on the domestic markets.
Among major gainers, ICICI Bank rose by 2.78 percent to Rs 840, HDFC Bank by 2.02 percent to Rs 1,617 and State Bank of India by 1.10 percent to Rs 1,995.50.
The heaviest on the Sensex, Reliance Industries, rose by 1.79 percent to Rs 1,045. Infosys gained 2.15 percent to Rs 2,490. Both the scrips carry nearly 23 percent weightage on the key index.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan