Sensex surges 364 points at midsession
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark Sensex spurted by 364 points at midsession today on buying in banking and realty stocks by funds amid firming global trend.
The Sensex rose by 364.60 points to 16,528.40 points at 1230 hrs. The 30-share index had opened higher by 134 points.
The National Stock Exchange index Nifty rose by 112.10 points to 4,942.20 at the same time.
Marketmen said firming trend in Asian stock and commodity markets drove the buying on the domestic markets.
Among major gainers, ICICI Bank rose by 2.78 percent to Rs 840, HDFC Bank by 2.02 percent to Rs 1,617 and State Bank of India by 1.10 percent to Rs 1,995.50.
The heaviest on the Sensex, Reliance Industries, rose by 1.79 percent to Rs 1,045. Infosys gained 2.15 percent to Rs 2,490. Both the scrips carry nearly 23 percent weightage on the key index.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!