Sensex surges 364 points at midsession
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark Sensex spurted by 364 points at midsession today on buying in banking and realty stocks by funds amid firming global trend.
The Sensex rose by 364.60 points to 16,528.40 points at 1230 hrs. The 30-share index had opened higher by 134 points.
The National Stock Exchange index Nifty rose by 112.10 points to 4,942.20 at the same time.
Marketmen said firming trend in Asian stock and commodity markets drove the buying on the domestic markets.
Among major gainers, ICICI Bank rose by 2.78 percent to Rs 840, HDFC Bank by 2.02 percent to Rs 1,617 and State Bank of India by 1.10 percent to Rs 1,995.50.
The heaviest on the Sensex, Reliance Industries, rose by 1.79 percent to Rs 1,045. Infosys gained 2.15 percent to Rs 2,490. Both the scrips carry nearly 23 percent weightage on the key index.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair