`Sensex to bounce back to 20K level by end-FY 10`
Mumbai: On the back of strong fundamentals, ample liquidity and calibrated launch of IPOs of PSUs, Reliance Money is bullish that the Sensex would bounce back to the 20,000 mark by end-this fiscal.
"The economic fundamentals are strong. India`s growth rate at 6-6.5 percent is higher than most other economies and hence, it will attract investments. I expect a lot of FII inflows into India. The Sensex should shoot up to 20,000 by end-FY 10," Reliance Money`s CEO, Sudip Bandopadhyay, told reporters here.
With India`s economic growth being higher than most other economies, investors will find the Indian market more attractive, he said.
"Any sensible investor will invest in India—while there is degrowth in the rest of the world, India is growing at a healthy rate," he said.
Pension funds in the US will find India a good market to invest in, he said.
Comparing China with India, Bandopadhyay said that the Chinese stock market was not as deep and transparent as India and hence, portfolio investments would be much higher in India.
Downplaying the threat of drought, Bandopadhyay said that it would not be a hurdle to the upward movement of the Sensex.
"India can withstand one year, even two-years of drought," he said.
Bandopadhyay said that the GDP differential between
India and other countries had widened in recent times.
In 2007, when India was growing at eight to nine percent, Europe was growing at around four percent and the US between four to five percent. Then the differential between India and these countries was around three percent.
"Now we are growing at six percent whereas in the US
and in Europe there is a negative GDP growth -- so the
differential has widened," he said.
Liquidity would not pose a problem, he said, adding
that "it was healthy at the moment."
Despite the high Government borrowing expected,
Bandopadhyay did not expect liquidity to get constricted as
the Government would do its borrowing in a calibrated manner.
"I don`t expect any liquidity problem," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested