Sensex up 103 pts in early trade
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark Sensex on Tuesday gained about 103 points in early trade on heavy foreign capital inflows as rise in advance tax collection indicated better earnings for the December quarter.
The 30-share index Sensex rose by 102.92 points, or 0.61 percent, to 17,200.47 points with stocks of metals, realty and auto sectors leading the recovery. The BSE barometer had ended 21.48 points down in the previous trading session.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty moved up by 22.70 points, or 0.44 percent, to 5,128.40 points.
Brokers said trading sentiments turned better after advance tax paid by companies suggested stronger earnings for the December quarter.
Stocks of the country`s most-valued firm Reliance Industries traded 0.50 percent higher at Rs 1,071.70 on pick up in buying activity by funds.
Other gainers were Sterlite Industries up 0.97 percent to Rs 845.35, Tata Steel by 1.64 percent to Rs 553.60, Hindalco by 1.57 percent to Rs 142.30, Tata Motors by 0.43 percent to Rs 713.50 and DLF Ltd by 0.82 percent to Rs 385.80.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India