Sensex up 110 points in opening trade on global cues
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark
Sensex on Tuesday rose by 110 points, or 0.66 percent, in opening
trade on fresh capital inflows by funds and retail investors
driven by firming global markets.
The 30-share index gained 110.39 points at 16,711.59 points. The BSE barometer had lost about 310 points in the previous three sessions.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty moved up by 34.40 points, or 0.65 percent, to 4,987 points.
Brokers said sentiments turned better on fresh spell of buying by foreign funds as well as retail investors, triggered by gains on the overseas markets on increasing signs that the US and global economies were recovering.
Covering-up of short positions by speculators also supported the upside in stock prices.
However, trading activity remained lower than usual
largely due to approaching year-end, they added.
Among major gainers, Reliance Industries was up by 0.71
percent at Rs 1,023.80, Reliance Infra by 1.07 percent at Rs
1,038 and RCom by 1.13 percent at Rs 170.70.
Sterlite rose by 0.56 percent to Rs 806.60 and Tata
Steel by 1.43 percent to Rs 563.50.
The Hong Kong`s Hang Seng index was up 1.2 percent,
while Japan`s Nikkei up 1.1 percent in the morning trade
today. The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.83 per cent
higher in yesterday`s trading.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy