Sensex up 111 points in opening trade
Mumbai: Extending its winning streak for the
fifth session in a row, the Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark
Sensex on Wedneday rose by over 111 points in opening trade on heavy buying by foreign funds, driven by firming trends in global
The 30-share index shot up by 111.38 points, or 0.71 percent to 15,799.85, with IT and realty stocks leading the
rally. The BSE barometer had rallied almost 880 points in the
past four sessions.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange`s index Nifty rose
by 35.00 points to 4,694.35.
Brokers said buying activity picked up momentum largely
on the back of firming trend at other Asian equity markets,
which were up by almost 0.5 per cent in morning trade.
Stocks of software exporters continued their upward
journey on the back of a firming US dollar against the rupee
as most of their revenues come in the US currency.
Infosys rose by 3.80 percent at Rs 2,175.80, TCS 1.99 percent to Rs 593 and Wipro 1.84 per cent to Rs 554.50.
Other gainers which supported the Sensex were RIL up by
0.55 percent to Rs 2,034.85, Reliance Infra by 1.13 percent
to Rs 1,154.05, RCom by 1.51 percent to Rs 266.20, DLF Ltd
2.53 per cent to Rs 403.20.
Meanwhile, Japan`s benchmark index Nikkei surged by 1.36
percent, while Hong Kong`s Hang Seng index was up 0.46 percent in morning trade today. The US down Jones Industrial
Average ended 0.32 percent higher on Friday.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Trupti Desai writes letter to Mohan Bhagwat, demands equal representation of women in RSS
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9
- Buddhadeb, Rahul share stage, call for saving West Bengal from TMC
- Must Read! Narayana Murthy's heartfelt letter to his daughter will make you miss your dad
- PM Modi meets Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS today