Sensex up 111 points in opening trade
Mumbai: Extending its winning streak for the
fifth session in a row, the Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark
Sensex on Wedneday rose by over 111 points in opening trade on heavy buying by foreign funds, driven by firming trends in global
The 30-share index shot up by 111.38 points, or 0.71 percent to 15,799.85, with IT and realty stocks leading the
rally. The BSE barometer had rallied almost 880 points in the
past four sessions.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange`s index Nifty rose
by 35.00 points to 4,694.35.
Brokers said buying activity picked up momentum largely
on the back of firming trend at other Asian equity markets,
which were up by almost 0.5 per cent in morning trade.
Stocks of software exporters continued their upward
journey on the back of a firming US dollar against the rupee
as most of their revenues come in the US currency.
Infosys rose by 3.80 percent at Rs 2,175.80, TCS 1.99 percent to Rs 593 and Wipro 1.84 per cent to Rs 554.50.
Other gainers which supported the Sensex were RIL up by
0.55 percent to Rs 2,034.85, Reliance Infra by 1.13 percent
to Rs 1,154.05, RCom by 1.51 percent to Rs 266.20, DLF Ltd
2.53 per cent to Rs 403.20.
Meanwhile, Japan`s benchmark index Nikkei surged by 1.36
percent, while Hong Kong`s Hang Seng index was up 0.46 percent in morning trade today. The US down Jones Industrial
Average ended 0.32 percent higher on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!