Sensex up over 104 pts in opening trade
Mumbai: The Bombay Stock Exchange benchmark
Sensex on Wednesday moved up by nearly 105 points in early morning trade on emergence of buying by funds, triggered by overnight gains on the US market.
The 30-share Sensex, which had lost 155.02 points in the
previous trading session, rose by 104.53 points to 17,590.59
points in early trade.
The wide-based National Stock Exchange index Nifty also
moved up by 31.05 points to 5,256.70 points.
Brokers attributed the recovery in share prices to
revival of buying by funds on the back of overnight gains on
the US market.
The US markets yesterday surged driven by good earnings
reports amid expectations of some political changes in the
Massachusetts` Senate race. The US Dow Jones Industrial
Average ended 1.07 percent higher on Tuesday.
Besides, better-than-expected quarterly earnings by some
corporates also supported the recovery in the domestic
bourses, they added.
Major gainers which supported the Sensex rally this
morning were Reliance Industries up by one per cent to Rs
1,096, Reliance Infra by 1.18 per cent to Rs 1,135.50, Infosys
by 0.97 per cent to Rs 2,662, TCS by 0.86 per cent to Rs
787.30 and Wipro by 0.68 per cent to Rs 742.50.
Following the rise in the US market other Asian and
European markets also opened in the black today morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31