Serbia ends Hungary’s Olympics honeymoon
Rome: The supremacy attained by Olympic champions Hungary was dented by a valiant Serbian outfit. They snatched a cliff-hanger of a match at the World Championship in Rome. They won the match 10-9 and won a lot of hearts too.
Serbia got under the skin of the nine time Olympic gold winners, the most dominant force in the sport of water polo. It was a battle of nerves that saw the former carve out a memorable win.
Vanja Udovicic and Andrija Prlainovic’s hat-tricks spelled magic for their team even as Gergely Kiss’s similar feat went in vain.
"What a match," said Serbia coach Dejan Udovicic after the match. "There were so many exciting moments that I`m still holding my breath.”
"We won by one goal but I think we deserved to win. We`ve proved ourselves a good team, we don`t underestimate anyone but we don`t fear anyone either."
Croatia too are not taking anything lightly and told reporters, "We know how to play medal matches. It will certainly be a tough and physical game."
"We should be afraid of their will to win just as they should fear ours."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling