Serbia reach Davis Cup final with 3-2 win over Czechs
Belgrade: Serbia beat the Czech Republic 3-2 and reached the Davis Cup final for the first time after Janko Tipsarevic beat Radek Stepanek 6-0, 7-6, 6-4 in the decisive singles rubber.
Tipsarevic produced a flawless performance in the Belgrade Arena and took the opening set in just 23 minutes, allowing Stepanek to win only seven points.
The Serbian came back from 3-1 down in the second set tiebreak, saved a set point, and took a 4-0 lead in the third before completing his win in two hours 30 minutes.
Earlier on Sunday, Novak Djokovic pulled Serbia level at 2-2 by beating Tomas Berdych 4-6, 6-3, 6-2, 6-2 in three hours 14 minutes in front of 18,000 fans.
Serbia will host France in the Dec. 3-5 final after the French beat Argentina 5-0.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days