Serena Williams could face Azarenka in 3rd round
New York: Three-time US Open champion Serena Williams could face No. 4-seeded Victoria Azarenka in the third round, and two-time winner Venus Williams could meet No. 22 Sabine Lisicki in the second.
Azarenka and Lisicki were Wimbledon semifinalists in July.
The draw for the year`s last Grand Slam tournament is being completed Thursday. Play begins Monday.
After missing nearly a year of action because of a series of health scares, Serena Williams returned to the tour in June and has won two of her four tournaments. She is seeded 28th for the US Open, which followed the rankings rather than taking into account players` past performances.
Venus Williams is ranked 36th and unseeded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future