Serena Williams could face Azarenka in 3rd round
New York: Three-time US Open champion Serena Williams could face No. 4-seeded Victoria Azarenka in the third round, and two-time winner Venus Williams could meet No. 22 Sabine Lisicki in the second.
Azarenka and Lisicki were Wimbledon semifinalists in July.
The draw for the year`s last Grand Slam tournament is being completed Thursday. Play begins Monday.
After missing nearly a year of action because of a series of health scares, Serena Williams returned to the tour in June and has won two of her four tournaments. She is seeded 28th for the US Open, which followed the rankings rather than taking into account players` past performances.
Venus Williams is ranked 36th and unseeded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what