Serena Williams could face Azarenka in 3rd round
New York: Three-time US Open champion Serena Williams could face No. 4-seeded Victoria Azarenka in the third round, and two-time winner Venus Williams could meet No. 22 Sabine Lisicki in the second.
Azarenka and Lisicki were Wimbledon semifinalists in July.
The draw for the year`s last Grand Slam tournament is being completed Thursday. Play begins Monday.
After missing nearly a year of action because of a series of health scares, Serena Williams returned to the tour in June and has won two of her four tournaments. She is seeded 28th for the US Open, which followed the rankings rather than taking into account players` past performances.
Venus Williams is ranked 36th and unseeded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'