Sergio Ramos, Pepe extend Real Madrid deals
Madrid: Real Madrid announced on Tuesday that defenders Sergio Ramos and Pepe have signed long-term contract extensions with the club.
"Sergio Ramos and Pepe have renewed their contracts with Real Madrid and are now tied to the club until 2017 and 2016 respectively", read a brief statement on the Spanish side`s official website.
No details were provided as to the value of the new deals, or as to the two players` release clauses.
The Madrid press first suggested that Brazilian-born, Portuguese international defender Pepe had agreed a new deal back in March which would earn him up to four million euros ($5.6 million) a year after tax.
Meanwhile, reports of a new deal for Ramos, taking his annual salary from three million euros to 4.5 million euros ($6.3 million) first appeared last December.
The 25 year-old had two years still to run on his previous deal, while Pepe`s contract was due to expire next summer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- LIVE: Prayers being held for Yakub Memon at Bada Kabristan before his burial