Seven grapplers to get cash awards for Asian Ch`ship success
New Delhi: Olympic bronze medallist Sushil Kumar and Narsingh Pancham Yadav, who won gold in Senior Asian Wrestling Championship last month, would receive Rs 3 lakh each as the WFI has decided to give cash awards to the grapplers, who clinched medals in the continental event held here.
The Wrestling Federation of India in its General Council Meeting held at Nainital yesterday decided to reward the seven grapplers, who bagged medals in the May 11-16 competition, which was also a test event for the October 3-14 Commonwealth Games.
Both Sushil and Yadav had earned gold in the event.
Rajender Kumar, who had won a silver, will receive Rs 2 lakh while bronze medallists Ravinder Singh, Sunil Kumar Rana, Alka Tomar and Suman Kundu will become richer by Rs 1 lakh each, a WFI release said on Monday.
To encourage the participation of wrestlers in decision making process, the federation has also decided to co-opt Sushil and Alka as members of the executive committee of WFI, the release stated.
The Federation during the meeting also decided to hold the next Senior National Championship in Ranchi from December 25-28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video