Seven grapplers to get cash awards for Asian Ch`ship success
New Delhi: Olympic bronze medallist Sushil Kumar and Narsingh Pancham Yadav, who won gold in Senior Asian Wrestling Championship last month, would receive Rs 3 lakh each as the WFI has decided to give cash awards to the grapplers, who clinched medals in the continental event held here.
The Wrestling Federation of India in its General Council Meeting held at Nainital yesterday decided to reward the seven grapplers, who bagged medals in the May 11-16 competition, which was also a test event for the October 3-14 Commonwealth Games.
Both Sushil and Yadav had earned gold in the event.
Rajender Kumar, who had won a silver, will receive Rs 2 lakh while bronze medallists Ravinder Singh, Sunil Kumar Rana, Alka Tomar and Suman Kundu will become richer by Rs 1 lakh each, a WFI release said on Monday.
To encourage the participation of wrestlers in decision making process, the federation has also decided to co-opt Sushil and Alka as members of the executive committee of WFI, the release stated.
The Federation during the meeting also decided to hold the next Senior National Championship in Ranchi from December 25-28.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?