Seven grapplers to get cash awards for Asian Ch`ship success
New Delhi: Olympic bronze medallist Sushil Kumar and Narsingh Pancham Yadav, who won gold in Senior Asian Wrestling Championship last month, would receive Rs 3 lakh each as the WFI has decided to give cash awards to the grapplers, who clinched medals in the continental event held here.
The Wrestling Federation of India in its General Council Meeting held at Nainital yesterday decided to reward the seven grapplers, who bagged medals in the May 11-16 competition, which was also a test event for the October 3-14 Commonwealth Games.
Both Sushil and Yadav had earned gold in the event.
Rajender Kumar, who had won a silver, will receive Rs 2 lakh while bronze medallists Ravinder Singh, Sunil Kumar Rana, Alka Tomar and Suman Kundu will become richer by Rs 1 lakh each, a WFI release said on Monday.
To encourage the participation of wrestlers in decision making process, the federation has also decided to co-opt Sushil and Alka as members of the executive committee of WFI, the release stated.
The Federation during the meeting also decided to hold the next Senior National Championship in Ranchi from December 25-28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing